temp file left behind

Tony Chen (Seattle)
Hello:

I am using FileUpload to update files to a server.  When user leaves the page before upload is done, there is a temp file left behind.  Have put some logic in the catch block to address this and seems not working.  What is the best way to clean them up?  Thanks in advance.

Tony

RE: temp file left behind

wesclark
Did you put the cleanup in a finally block?

Re: temp file left behind

Paul Benedict
The problem I think is in the core of FileUpload. Many users of Struts
have this problem too.

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Wes Clark <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did you put the cleanup in a finally block?

Re: temp file left behind

Martin Cooper-3
On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Xiaohui Tony Chen (Seattle)
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am using FileUpload to update files to a server.  When user leaves the
> page before upload is done, there is a temp file left behind.  Have put some
> logic in the catch block to address this and seems not working.  What is the
> best way to clean them up?

That depends on which version of FileUpload, what kind of app, the context
in which you're invoking FileUpload, etc. etc. In other words, you'll need
to provide more details before someone can help you.

--
Martin Cooper