[text] Damerau Levenshtein distance

info@flyingfischer.ch
While exploring the API of org.apache.commons.text.similarity, it
crossed my mind if this could be expanded for a method for Damerau
Levenshtein distance?

I use a localised version, based strongly on the work of Sean Collins
and Joshua Drew:

http://blog.lolyco.com/sean/damerau-levenshtein/ (see also
https://samjlevy.com/mysql-levenshtein/)

An official intergration into commons text would be handy.

Thanks for considering!

Markus

Re: [text] Damerau Levenshtein distance

Rob Tompkins
Hello Markus,

This sounds like a great idea. Do you have any appetite for making the contribution? If not, no worries, we'll backlog it. Plus, from what I can tell, the [text] backlog moves fairly quickly.

Cheers,
-Rob

> On Aug 5, 2017, at 5:35 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> While exploring the API of org.apache.commons.text.similarity, it
> crossed my mind if this could be expanded for a method for Damerau
> Levenshtein distance?
>
> I use a localised version, based strongly on the work of Sean Collins
> and Joshua Drew:
>
> http://blog.lolyco.com/sean/damerau-levenshtein/ (see also
> https://samjlevy.com/mysql-levenshtein/)
>
> An official intergration into commons text would be handy.
>
> Thanks for considering!
>
> Markus

Re: [text] Damerau Levenshtein distance

info@flyingfischer.ch
Hello Rob

thanks for your reply. I'd recommend somebody with a strong mathematical
background should preferably take care of this, like you do.

I'll rather be a happy user of this feature. ;-)

Markus

Am 05.08.2017 um 14:26 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
> Hello Markus,
>
> This sounds like a great idea. Do you have any appetite for making the contribution? If not, no worries, we'll backlog it. Plus, from what I can tell, the [text] backlog moves fairly quickly.
>
> Cheers,
> -Rob

Re: [text] Damerau Levenshtein distance

Rob Tompkins
Not a problem. Will do. :-)

-Rob

> On Aug 5, 2017, at 8:33 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Rob
>
> thanks for your reply. I'd recommend somebody with a strong mathematical
> background should preferably take care of this, like you do.
>
> I'll rather be a happy user of this feature. ;-)
>
> Markus
>
>> Am 05.08.2017 um 14:26 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
>> Hello Markus,
>>
>> This sounds like a great idea. Do you have any appetite for making the contribution? If not, no worries, we'll backlog it. Plus, from what I can tell, the [text] backlog moves fairly quickly.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -Rob

Re: [text] Damerau Levenshtein distance

Amey Jadiye
BTW we already have it queued https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEXT-94

Let me see if its possible for me to change the code else will ask for help.

Regards,
Amey