[text] Preparing for 1.0

I am thinking about preparing for the 1.0 release some time in the next week or so, and I wanted to see if anyone had any issues aside from TEXT-40 with the beta. Many thanks to Sebb for resolving that one. I’ve remediated the checkstyle issues and a few pmd issues. But, I thought I would ask folks if they had any thoughts before I begin release preparation.

Cheers,
-Rob

Re: [text] Preparing for 1.0

Pascal Schumacher
Hello Rob,

go for it! :)

Cheers,
Pascal

Am 23.02.2017 um 21:28 schrieb Rob Tompkins:

> Hello,
>
> I am thinking about preparing for the 1.0 release some time in the next week or so, and I wanted to see if anyone had any issues aside from TEXT-40 with the beta. Many thanks to Sebb for resolving that one. I’ve remediated the checkstyle issues and a few pmd issues. But, I thought I would ask folks if they had any thoughts before I begin release preparation.
>
> Cheers,
> -Rob

Re: [text] Preparing for 1.0

Hi Rob.

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 15:28:49 -0500, Rob Tompkins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am thinking about preparing for the 1.0 release some time in the
> next week or so, and I wanted to see if anyone had any issues aside
> from TEXT-40 with the beta.

Whom are you asking?
This is the "dev" list. Was a "beta" release needed for Commons
contributors to test the code?

> Many thanks to Sebb for resolving that
> one. I’ve remediated the checkstyle issues and a few pmd issues. But,
> I thought I would ask folks if they had any thoughts before I begin
> release preparation.

What are the lessons of the exercise?
Were there any users (non-committers) of the beta release?
What triggers the transition between beta and non-beta?