[text] WordUtils

Pascal Schumacher
Hello everybody,

the copy of commons-lang WordUtils removed from commons-text a few
months ago, because Duncan Jones wanted to split/refactor it.

As there was no new of the refactoring until now I guess it could not be
completed. Maybe we should just add the copy back?

Cheers,

Pascal

Re: [text] WordUtils

Rob Tompkins

> On Apr 22, 2017, at 8:44 AM, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> the copy of commons-lang WordUtils removed from commons-text a few months ago, because Duncan Jones wanted to split/refactor it.
>
> As there was no new of the refactoring until now I guess it could not be completed. Maybe we should just add the copy back?

Not opposed. I'll give that class a look to see about what the refactor entails.

-Rob

> Cheers,
>
> Pascal

Re: [text] WordUtils

Eyal Allweil
Hi guys,
If you add WordUtils.java back "as is", you can probably create a couple of good "newbie" entries on the Apache "Help Wanted" site to attract people to Commons-Text.
Cheers,Eyal

    On Saturday, April 22, 2017 3:58 PM, Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2017, at 8:44 AM, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> the copy of commons-lang WordUtils removed from commons-text a few months ago, because Duncan Jones wanted to split/refactor it.
>
> As there was no new of the refactoring until now I guess it could not be completed. Maybe we should just add the copy back?

Not opposed. I'll give that class a look to see about what the refactor entails.

-Rob

> Cheers,
>
> Pascal

Re: [text] WordUtils

Rob Tompkins

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 10:11 AM, Eyal Allweil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
> If you add WordUtils.java back "as is", you can probably create a couple of good "newbie" entries on the Apache "Help Wanted" site to attract people to Commons-Text.
> Cheers,Eyal

+1 to this. I'll try to look into it before the weekend is out.

Cheers,
-Rob

>    On Saturday, April 22, 2017 3:58 PM, Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 22, 2017, at 8:44 AM, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> the copy of commons-lang WordUtils removed from commons-text a few months ago, because Duncan Jones wanted to split/refactor it.
>>
>> As there was no new of the refactoring until now I guess it could not be completed. Maybe we should just add the copy back?
>
> Not opposed. I'll give that class a look to see about what the refactor entails.
>
> -Rob
>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Pascal

Re: [text] WordUtils

Rob Tompkins

> On Apr 28, 2017, at 7:27 AM, Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 27, 2017, at 10:11 AM, Eyal Allweil <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>> If you add WordUtils.java back "as is", you can probably create a couple of good "newbie" entries on the Apache "Help Wanted" site to attract people to Commons-Text.
>> Cheers,Eyal
>>

> +1 to this. I'll try to look into it before the weekend is out.

Does this suffice?

https://helpwanted.apache.org/task.html?bd9ab58ec221242b0ddff8adca5f9176ef6fd56f <https://helpwanted.apache.org/task.html?bd9ab58ec221242b0ddff8adca5f9176ef6fd56f>

Willing to change the wording because my english is particularly poor despite it being my first language :-)

-Rob