[vfs] Support for Kerberos Authentication with HDFS on VFS

[vfs] Support for Kerberos Authentication with HDFS on VFS

Jacobsen, Jane
Hi,

I am an engineer at T-Mobile. I am trying to use VFS for an HDFS File Watcher written in Scala. According to the VFS documentation, authentication is not supported. I need to use Kerberos authentication in order to connect to a T-Mobile HDFS cluster. Is this possible with VFS?

Specifically, I’d like to use the resolveFile method to return a FileObject.

VFS.getManager.resolveFile(hdfsPathString)

Is there any way to use the resolveFile method after authentication with Kerberos? If not, is there anything else you can suggest?

Thanks,
Jane Jacobsen