[vfs] dependency on Jackrabbit WebDAV and obsolete HTTP client

[vfs] dependency on Jackrabbit WebDAV and obsolete HTTP client

Julian Reschke
Hi there,

please note that Jackrabbit is moving away from http client 3, and the
next major version (2.14) is going to remove the APIs based on http
client 3. See JCR-2406 for details (and progress information).

Best regards, Julian

Re: [vfs] dependency on Jackrabbit WebDAV and obsolete HTTP client

sebb-2-2
Please note that Commons HttpClient moved to the HttpComponents PMC
some years ago:

http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/

It is no longer being developed (see the above link for details).

On 2016-12-08 15:49, sebb wrote:
> Please note that Commons HttpClient moved to the HttpComponents PMC
> some years ago:
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/
>
> It is no longer being developed (see the above link for details).

Yes, that's why Jackrabbit is moving away from it. But commons-vfs still
uses it, AFAIK.

Best regards, Julian

Re: [vfs] dependency on Jackrabbit WebDAV and obsolete HTTP client

Woonsan Ko-3
On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Julian Reschke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2016-12-08 15:49, sebb wrote:
>>
>> Please note that Commons HttpClient moved to the HttpComponents PMC
>> some years ago:
>>
>> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/
>>
>> It is no longer being developed (see the above link for details).
>

> Yes, that's why Jackrabbit is moving away from it. But commons-vfs still
> uses it, AFAIK.

Yes. VFS2 still uses Commons HttpClient for http/s providers. And it
uses jackrabbit-webdav (using Commons HttpClient) as webdav client for
webdav provider at the moment.
I think we need to switch HttpComponents.

Regards,

Woonsan